I put my New Look 6807 top on this morning, and believe it or not, most of the wrinkles are gone! The shirt hangs up a bit in the back, but I think that's the fabric catching on my pants. Bizarre! I've never had something look so horrible on my dressform and then look normal in real life--they almost always look better on her than on me.
So that's done with. My next project is Simplicity 8884, a pattern I inherited from my grandmother. Sadly for me, not only is this pattern a bit big for me, it's also in much worse shape than the one pictured on the Vintage Pattern Wiki. Mine looks like this:
In case you were wondering, the pattern pieces are falling out the sides of the envelope--they're not underneath it. I'm not really sure what I did to this poor pattern envelope, because I'm pretty sure it didn't look like this when I got it. Oh well. Since, as I mentioned, this pattern is too big for me, I wound up altering every single pattern piece except for the sleeves. So I have a whole bunch of tru-grid pattern pieces that wouldn't have fit into the original envelope anyway. I keep them in a plastic ziploc bag, along with the instructions, the pattern shred-velope, and the real pattern pieces.
I'm making this with the short sleeves of view 2, but I'm lengthening it. I'm not yet sure where I'm going to hem it. I'm sewing it out of a black cotton, which I also inherited from my great-grandmother. I'm not totally sold on the combination of the fabric and the pattern. The fabric seems a little stiff and I'm worried it will look weird. But we'll see. If worst comes to worst, I'll call it a second muslin. ;)
And the winner of the Cashmerette Pattern is...
12 hours ago