Monday, September 17, 2012

Back to real work!

Today in the costume shop, we were working! Our shop manager is back and I walked in and was assigned a job immediately. I made the muslin for a skirt. It took a little under two hours to cut out the muslin and sew it together. I don't have any pictures, but I hope I will be able to get some later. (When the head of the department is in the costume shop, I don't like to bring in my phone and start snapping photos.)

The play we're doing is Hedda Gabler. There's a Wikipedia page about it with a long plot summary, if you, like me, are unfamiliar with the play. I think our costumes are going to be gorgeous. I love the piles of fabrics sitting around the shop and the sketches are beautiful. I'm super excited for the costumes to come together! There are lots of purples, and I love purple.

Let the semester's work begin!

No comments:

Blogs I read