Sunday, January 13, 2013

Working on a running skirt

 I'm am trying something new this year. I'm trying to sew myself a running skirt! This is new for me because I don't have a lot of experience working with knits at all, and a really unstable lycra knit is a whole new ball game for me. I'm using Jalie 2796, which has the benefit of having a million sizes, but the disadvantage of having them all on one piece of paper, which is larger than the floor of my room.
 I used my new Sharpies that I got for my birthday to trace the pattern pieces.
 This is the fabric I'm using. I actually don't know what it's made of, because I got it at the sewing blogger fabric swap, but that's ok. I'm using it for a muslin, which I suspect won't fit me very well anyway.
 I couldn't figure out an efficient way to lay out these pattern pieces. This is the best I came up with, but since the fabric was free I wasn't so terribly worried. I have some ideas of what to do with the scraps, which I'll probably experiment with later.
This is the pattern for the shorts that go underneath the skirt. Cut two, sew them together. Whoever came up with this one must have some serious 3d to 2d skills. I still haven't really figured out which edges turn into what...and I've sewed it together! Haha.

No comments: