Thursday, April 29, 2010

What was that about the best laid plans?

Yesterday, we discovered that our washing machine is broken. It had been used for our family of 9 for the past 12 or 13 years--well done, good and faithful servant! But now it is refusing to spin, not only after the rinse cycle, but also after the wash cycle. So all clothes washed in the washer would come out soapy and wet. In other words, we haven't got a washing machine for the time being. We are already in the process of selecting and buying a new washing machine, but for now, we are stuck with the clothes we have clean already.

Now, I was planning to wash and dry my me-made jeans today. They're a major staple of my wardrobe. Without a washing machine, it may be very hard for me to actually wear something hand made every day. I'm a bit worried that I will run out of things I've made! I'll still try, but we'll have to see.

On a positive note, I made a good deal of progress on the prom dress this morning and during the Habs/Caps game last night.

No comments:

Blogs I read