Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Planning vs. Doing

There are times I am just not motivated to sew. Since posting about my dress, I've sewed one seam. I am going on vacation fairly soon, and I know I won't have time to sew during the vacation. But I don't have time to finish the dress before the vacation, so I'm not very motivated to do it.

Instead, I am planning.

I have bought four new patterns from Jalie. A running skirt pattern, a knit dress pattern, and two shirt patterns. With shipping included, the order cost $55, which is the most I've ever spent on one order before! I have plans for five other patterns from Simplicity and their umbrella companies (one advantage of having teacher parents? Cheap patterns twice a year!) Now I am looking at fabric online. I don't have the energy to sew, but I do have the energy to spend money I shouldn't be spending instead!

This isn't good. No more buying fabric until I am done this dress! (Unless something should go wrong and I need more fabric for this specific project.)

No comments:

Blogs I read