Monday, July 30, 2012

Next project!

Ok, so after the stress of my last project, I wanted a project that fit three criteria. I wanted it to be easy, I wanted it to have no deadline, and I wanted it to be for me.

So, I splurged a little. I bought myself three yards of Eric Carle printed fabric:
This fabric has made me so incredibly happy. I have been carrying it around the house with me. I have decided to use M5800 to make it, which is a pattern I have made before. The last version was awesome but didn't fit very well. So I got an old sheet, and made a muslin. Then I laid out my altered pattern pieces, and cut them out:
My major pattern changes were to take in the seams along the bust, and narrow the center front. I also took in the sides. The length seemed fine to me. Next up--construction!


No comments: