Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Good news, bad news

Well. This is an unexpected turn of events. The presidential inauguration has been postponed, because the chancellor of Catholic University, Archbishop Wuerl, is being made a cardinal. I think this is great news, but it means that the inauguration, and hence the inaugural ball, won't be taking place until late January (not December, sorry!). This is, of course, a shame, because it means I no longer have any motivation to sew for the rest of this semester! On the other hand, it takes a lot of the pressure off. The next week is going to be extremely busy, with multiple important tests and papers, and it will be nice to not have to worry about sewing.

I did do the fitting of the dress last Saturday, and I have an upcoming post about the bodice alterations I made. We'll see if these alterations are still good enough come January, or if I'll have gained enough of the freshman 15 that I will have to start over with my alterations! I hope that doesn't happen, though.

No comments:

Blogs I read