Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Juryrigged Cone Stand

So, today I started to sew a wimple for H. (Don't ask me why a whorish nurse is wearing a wimple.) I realized that I had no white thread. How on earth does a seamstress run out of white thread? *sigh* I had some white cones of thread...but no cone stand.

Well, you know what? I needed to get that white thread to work on my sewing machine! So I made it work. I put my serger to the right of my sewing machine and used the serger itself as a cone stand.
Apologies for the terrible picture. I need to find a non-cellphone camera! Anyway, there's a white cone of thread to the right of the black one you can see in the picture, and you can just barely see the white thread coming along to the top of the machine.

I was very surprised at how well this worked! I don't think cone stands are necessary at all, although they are certainly useful. Note to self...when I get a real sewing room, put the serger to the right of the sewing machine...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can recommend a simple point and shot camera like the Canon PowerShot Elph series. I own the 320 and it's wonderful. It's light enough to carry it with me everywhere. I supposed the newest ones are even better. Check them out at Canon's website: http://shop.usa.canon.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/subCategory_10051_10051_-1_17756.

Blogs I read