Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Non-sewing Christmas present!

I can post about this handmade Christmas present before Christmas, because it's already been given. At the costume shop we had a mug party where everyone was given a mug by someone else. I gave my boss a mug. I couldn't find one with the message I wanted, and I thought of the message too late to order it custom-made from the internet. So I made it myself!

I bought a mug making kit from the store, and all the markers were dried out! So instead, I used Sharpie. According to the internet, writing on a mug with Sharpie and baking it in the oven for 30 minutes at 350* will seal in the Sharpie.

Here's the finished mug. On one side:
 Because she is! And on the other side:
Because this is what we say when we make a mistake in the shop. It's become a running joke.

I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out!

No comments:

Blogs I read